Waiver and Reverse Waiver

For certain offenses, a juvenile court may waive its jurisdiction over a juvenile’s case. If this occurs, a juvenile is waived, or transferred, from the juvenile court to the adult court.

Waiver to Adult Court 
Wis. Stat. § 938.18
In addition, the adult court has original jurisdiction over juveniles who are alleged to have committed certain offenses, meaning the case begins in the adult court.  In these cases, the juvenile can seek reverse waiver and ask for the case to be heard in juvenile court.

Reverse Waiver
Wis. Stat. § 938.183